ECTEC Rules and Regulations
All rules and regulations enforced at Eunice High School will be followed here at Eunice Career and Technical Education Center.
At the Eunice Career and Technical Education Center (ECTEC), SAFETY is the number one priority. We make every effort to provide a safe and secure environment for our students during teaching/class/workshops/lab events.
At the beginning of each school year, a Safety Form will be issued to each student for parental/guardian written permission to participate in the workshop/lab. In addition, the form will require emergency information and health conditions of each student. Parents/guardians and students are reminded that they must follow the policy for the administration of medication as stipulated in the St. Landry Parish Policy Manuel. The policy for the administration of medication can be found on the St. Landry Parish website. Students will be advised to take extreme caution and will be continuously taught, throughout the school year, the safety rules and routines of the work areas involved.
Please be advised that due to the hazardous equipment used in the various shops, students could encounter safety problems if responsible actions are not adhered to at all times. After the rules and routines are taught, the student will bear a responsibility due to his/her neglect or safety violation.
- Excused absences must be turned in to the front office as soon as the student returns to school. A copy of the excuse will be made in the office for the secretary and the teacher. It is the responsibility of the student to bring all excuses to ECTEC.
- When a student needs to check out, he/she must get permission from the teacher to come to the office. The student then needs to obtain permission from the office administration to use the phone to call a parent/guardian to check out. Only parents/guardians or persons designated on the student card will be allowed to check out a student. This person must come in to the office and sign out the student; no phone permission will be accepted.
- If a student leaves campus without permission, he/she will be suspended.
- The bus ride to and from EHS is the responsibility of ECTEC, and any misconduct on the bus ride will be handled as if it were in a classroom.
- Students are not allowed on the bus without a driver or staff member.
- No food or drinks are allowed on the bus.
- Students are required to meet specific dress codes to participate in the lab/shop. Each instructor will give this information to the students. Students will change into lab/shop attire in a location designated by the instructor. A list of items that the student is responsible to purchase in order to participate in lab/shop will be given to the student at the beginning of the year.
- Faculty restrooms are off limits to students. Any student caught in a faculty restroom will be sent to in-school suspension.
- Upon arriving at ECTEC, students must report to their classroom immediately and then if needed, obtain permission from instructor to leave classroom for water, restroom, etc.
- A student must have permission from the principal of ECTEC to drive to campus. A special form will be filled out and signed by the administrator of ECTEC, EHS and the parent/guardian of the student. This will not be permitted on a daily basis. If a student receives permission to drive, he/she cannot transport any other student.
- Students who are assigned to in-school suspension at EHS must turn in work to his/her instructor at ECTEC upon returning.
- Instructors will give students criteria on how they will be graded and classroom rules will be posted.
- Students must be present for half (1/2) of each period to be marked present. 2 hour students must be here for at least one hour and 3 hour students must be here for at least 1.5 hours. If a student checks out before the required time, he/she will be marked absent.
- Due to the fact that such a large percentage of a student’s grade is based on lab/shop participation; absences (even excused) will affect the grade.
- No electronic devices will be allowed on campus. (Cell phones, pagers, tape players, etc.)
- All book bags must be in compliance with Eunice High School regulations.
- Students must arrive and leave campus in full compliance with dress code.
ECTEC programs and activities are open to all students regardless of race, color, handicap, religion, creed, national origin, age or sex.